Shift Gears

A Blog to Drive Bottom Line Results, Powered by SVM

How to Make a B2B Offer They Can't Refuse

Man in Chair

According to research, only 10 percent of your website visitors are ready to buy. The other 90 percent are kicking tires, performing research, or have a pre-sales question. To turn your website into a lead generation machine, you need to have a variety of offers that appeal to prospects at different stages of the purchasing cycle. This will help you generate leads for near-term business, as well as build a marketing database to nurture future opportunities.
 

Successful B2B offers have the following characteristics: 

High perceived value: Your customers and prospects place a significant monetary or emotional value on your offer and want to take advantage of it.
Highly desirable: The offer is so valuable, your customers and prospects want to take advantage of it RIGHT NOW!
Uniquely yours: Your offer is something that is unique to your company and can be found nowhere else.
Related to the value of your offering: Your offer is a first step that leads your customers and prospects toward the ultimate sale.
Easy to respond to: People do not have to jump through hoops to respond to your offer. You need to provide a simple process for them to take the next step.
Minimizes risk or obligation:  By taking advantage of your offer, you make customers and prospects more comfortable doing business with you.
 

Examples of successful B2B offers include: 

Request More Info: A basic offer for people who want more information about your product, service or company.
Request a Quote or Add to Cart: These offers are tailored for the 10 percent of people who are ready to buy from you.
Download Whitepaper: Whitepapers and guides from your content marketing arsenal can help you generate leads. People will give up basic contact information to download these valuable resources.
Watch Webinar: As with whitepapers and guides, people will give up basic contact information in exchange for information.
Subscribe to Newsletter: An email newsletter sign-up is a nice, low-threat offer that will appeal to early-stage prospects.
Free Trial: If you can offer a free trial of your product or service, you can minimize risk by making it easier for prospects to want to buy.
Free Samples: As with free trials, free samples minimize risk by letting prospects sample the goods.
Free Consultation: This offer works well if you offer professional services.
Enter Contest: While this offer works, it does not deliver the most targeted leads. People love to win things, but just because they entered your contest doesn’t mean they want to do business with you.
Ask a Question: Now, this offer works and delivers targeted prospects! It’s a nice low-threat call to action that early-stage prospects will take advantage of because they don’t assume they are starting a sales conversation.
 
I like to see offers presented in the top right section of every page. There is a reason Amazon places the “Add to Cart” box in the upper right-hand section of every page: It works!  Do the same thing and you will be amazed by how many more prospects reach out to you because you make it easy for them to do so.
 
 
Did you know? Recently, I released a brand new B2B online marketing book called Old Dog, New Clicks that I published with Modern Distribution Management. This book is a step-by-step guide to help you leverage online marketing to produce bottom-line results.  Click here to claim your copy.

Discussions
There are still no comments. You can post the first one.
Bob DeStefano

President, speaker, consultant, author, my mission is to lead industrial marketing into the 21st Century. Full bio

From Our Clients

“As a result of hearing the recommendations from SVM Website Analysis, I was able to create a website with a focus on well structured, tailored, up-to-date content. This overhaul has had a very positive impact on our company and product online visibility generating an increased number of leads."

— Laetitia Donovan, Lapp USA